By Katherine Brice,Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the simplest probability of good fortune with this attempted and confirmed sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the most well-liked, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage students.
- helps the content material and review standards of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- includes authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- offers exam-style questions and suggestions for every suitable specification to aid scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This identify is appropriate for numerous classes including:
- AQA: The English Revolution, 1625-1660
- OCR: The Early Stuarts and the Origins of the Civil battle 1603-1660
Read Online or Download Access to History: The Early Stuarts and the English Revolution 1603-60 PDF
Best uk history books
The 3rd version of this profitable textual content has been revised to incorporate a brand new bankruptcy at the politics of the second one international warfare, and to mirror contemporary advancements in learn into the interval. 3rd version of this insightful survey of alterations in British politics Now prolonged to hide the politics of the second one global warfare and the election of 1945 broadly revised within the mild of modern study appears to be like on the Labour Party's evolution right into a nationwide instead of sectional get together contains up-to-date feedback for extra studying
Taking as its concentration memorials of the 1st international conflict in Britain, this e-book brings a clean method of the learn of public symbols via exploring how assorted causes for commemorating the lifeless have been reconciled throughout the tactics of neighborhood politics to create a greatly valued kind of collective expression.
This identify, first released in 1981, attracts from an in depth diversity of nationwide and native fabric, and examines how concepts in coverage and management, whereas fixing difficulties or surroundings new targets, often created or disclosed clean problems, and taken forms of humans into the management and administration of prisons, whose pursuits, values and expectancies in flip usually had major results upon penal rules and their useful purposes.
A Social Geography of britain and Wales considers the theoretical thoughts of the social geography of britain and Wales. This ebook consists of eleven chapters that debate the theories of industrialization and urbanization. the outlet chapters care for the origins and cost of English humans, in addition to the workings of feudal society with its hierarchy of teams of other felony prestige, starting from the king in the course of the base of the procedure.
- Adventurism and Empire: The Struggle for Mastery in the Louisiana-Florida Borderlands, 1762-1803
- The British Abroad Since the Eighteenth Century, Volume 2: Experiencing Imperialism (Britain and the World)
- Music for the People: Popular Music and Dance in Interwar Britain (Oxford Historical Monographs)
- English Civil War, The: A Military History
- The Diversity of Hunter Gatherer Pasts
Additional resources for Access to History: The Early Stuarts and the English Revolution 1603-60
Access to History: The Early Stuarts and the English Revolution 1603-60 by Katherine Brice,Michael Lynch